Preparation, Reservations and General Suggestions
We suggest that you wear undergarments or swimwear under a gown for your passage from your hotel room or from the Spa changing room to the Spa treatment area. A robe and slippers are provided in your room.
Once in the treatment room you may prefer to fully disrobe for your treatment, as our therapists are professionally trained in draping techniques to ensure your privacy and comfort.
If you so desire, showers, body soap, hair shampoo, conditioner, towels & robes are provided within the Spa locker rooms.
Open to guests over 16 years old. The dress code for the fitness room is composed by gym shorts or trainer trousers, normal T-shirts with short sleeves and trainer shoes.
Enhancing your Choice of Treatment
Once you have chosen your treatment, consider enhancing your spa experience by either;
- Select a treatment with a friend or partner in the Treatment Suite which also features its own private patio with a hydro-pool, sun-loungers and a rain shower.
- Enjoy a treatment together outside to fully appreciate the scents of Madeira's flora; the fresh sea air & relaxing warmth – reserve our Treatment Suite's private patio.
- Using the sauna or steam room within the Spa prior to taking your treatment to maximise the benefits and to enhance a feeling of well-being (located within the respective changing rooms)
- Select an In-Room Bath Ritual provided by our butler service (suites only); Reservations required 24 hours prior to the requested time.
- Enjoy a rare family treat by taking an Ytsara spa treatment with your son or daughter in the Treatment Suite (child must be 6 years old or older)
- Sample one of our Signature Treatments specially developed and exclusive to Reid’s Palace.
- Add an Aromatherapy Associates 30 minute Hand or Foot treatment to your treatment choice to indulge in a little extra pampering!
- Finish your spa treatment with one of our beauty treatments from the Finishing Touches section of the menu, without leaving the treatment room.
The Treatment Suite & Treatment Rooms
Unique to Madeira, Reid’s Palace offers a Treatment Suite accommodating two treatment tables to enable you and your friend, child or partner to experience the most luxurious therapies together either indoors within our suite or outdoors on the suite’s patio area. Ideal for couples, parent & child, wedding preparations or just friends.
All other treatment rooms are luxuriously appointed single rooms each with a veranda overlooking the Atlantic ocean.
Treatment reservations can be made in advance when making your hotel reservation, or in person at the Spa Reception. Please arrive 10 minutes prior to your appointment and, in preparation for your next visit please reserve your treatment in advance, to ensure a therapist is available at the preferred time.
Should you need to cancel a treatment less than 24 hours ahead of time, The Spa reserves the right to charge for the booked treatment. For Day Spa Programmes, cancellations must be received 5 days prior to the treatment date for a full refund.
We advise guests to arrive 10 minutes before the treatment commences. Should you be late for your appointment we will do our best to honour your full treatment time, however, it may be necessary to shorten or cancel your treatment for the consideration of other guests.
Treatment Prices & Duration
Treatment prices are per person and include service and taxes. All treatment times include a consultation. Guests are advised to arrive at least 10 minutes early to allow for changing of clothes and some relaxation time to fully benefit from the treatment time available.
The Relaxation Area
The Spa features a peaceful outdoor space to relax and unwind after your treatment. The area is reserved for Spa clients.
Fitness Centre Opening Hours
From 8:00 until 19:00
The Spa Opening Hours
From 09:00 until 19:00
Gift Vouchers are available to purchase for any treatment or Spa Programme. Please contact us for more information.
We have a very large selection of Spa products available at the Spa Reception. Out therapists will be delighted to help you choose the appropriate products.