Location & Directions
Estrada Monumental 139
9000-098, Funchal, Madeira, Portugal
Tel: +351 291 717171
Fax: +351 291 717177
Madeira and the neighbouring island of Porto Santo are situated in the Atlantic off the West African coast, just north of the Canaries. Madeira is 36 miles long and 14 miles wide and has a population of approximately 300,000.
Porto Santo, 74 kilometres North East of Funchal, is much smaller - only nine miles long and three miles wide. The main attraction is an eight-kilometre long, white sand beach, in contrast to Madeira's breathtaking volcanic rock shoreline.
From the airport:
- When leaving the airport take the Highway "Cota 200" towards Funchal.
- Follow this road approx. 20 km, until you reach the exit Funchal "Hospital" and "Porto" (After 12 tunnels).
- Turn off at the above exit and follow this road until you reach a roundabout (stay in the right-hand lane).
- Take the 2nd on the right towards the "Hospital" and "Avenida do Mar" until you come to a crossing with a traffic light.
- Turn right and continue past the bridge.
- You will find Reid's Palace on the left-hand side, at number 139 Estrada Monumental.
From the port:
- Drive out from the port and turn left at the first roundabout.
- Continue along the road until you come to a T-junction.
- Turn left at the junction and continue past the bridge.
- You will find Reid's Palace on the left-hand side on number 139 of Estrada Monumental.
- As it is not permitted to turn left here, you should continue along the same road until you get to a roundabout where you can turn around.
- Drive back along the same road, until you reach Reid's Palace on the right-hand side.
Reid's Palace is pleased to arrange Airport Transfers, on request. Please click here for more details.